New Date, Time and Location!
Sunday, February 23: Must-See Concert Event
A Concert to Celebrate
Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 4pm*
Orchestra Hall - Minneapolis, MN
With special guests:
Maestro Stanisław Skrowaczewski, conductor
Lynn Harrell, cellist
Joe Dowling, narrator
Gunther Schuller, composer-conductor
Full String Orchestra with Musicians from the Minnesota Orchestra and St. Paul Chamber Orchestra
Featuring world-premiere compositions written for this extraordinary occasion by John Harbison, Paul Schoenfield, Gunther Schuller, Steven Stucky and the Maestro himself, as well as other works by Bruckner, Skrowaczewski and Bach.
- Skrowaczewski’s own arrangement of Bruckner’s Adagio from String Quintet in F major, and his Fantasie per Sei and Symphony for Strings
- World premiere of the Maestro's newest composition for cellist Lynn Harrell and chamber ensemble
- Gunther Schuller will conduct the premiere of his new work, "Encomium" for winds, strings, piano and vibraphone
- “Happy Birthday” for String Quartet, composed by Karel Husa
- Former Minnesota Orchestra concertmaster Jorja Fleezanis will serve as concertmaster for the string orchestra
The Chamber Music Society of Minnesota proudly presents this celebration concert with media partner Classical Minnesota Public Radio, including KSJN 99.5 FM in the Twin Cities.